In the field of mental health issues, depression and anxiety disorders have emerged as the leading causes of misery. While the former can turn a person forlorn and clueless about the things happening around him or her, the latter makes him or her wary about everything. In addition, the existence of both the illnesses at the same time can ravage one’s life.
It often becomes difficult to focus on work and studies, or gain pleasure from everyday activities while sitting tight with any kind of mental distress. The wretchedness of a mind going through the difficulties of a mental disorder can devastate one’s daily life. This can subsequently lead to a number of comorbid conditions like loss of interest, eating disorders, sleep issues, substance abuse and suicide in the worst scenario.
Although many people may experience suicidal thoughts at some point in their lives, they tend to pass away within a short time. While some may overcome such dark and frightening thoughts with motivation, others may decide to enunciate simple remedial measures in daily life. Unfortunately, many people fail to pull themselves out of the agony and remain with the hiccups for a protracted period. Such people often end their life by opting for the self-destructive path of suicide.
A person’s vulnerability to suicidal behavior and thoughts can cumulatively intensify from a slew of risk factors—such as poor health services, ostracism by the community, personal traumatic experiences, war, natural disasters, discrimination, abuse, violence, etc.
To comprehend the life-threatening consequence of mental disorders, look at the long list of well-known personalities who ended their lives due to mental health conditions:
- Chester Bennington: Chester Bennington, the popular vocalist from the sensational rock band Linkin Park, hanged himself in July 2017. In his last interview with a prominent media channel, he revealed about his battle with his inner demons.
- Lucy Gordon: Lucy Gordon, who played the role of reporter Jennifer Dugan in Spider Man 3, detailed her last wishes in two suicide notes. Gordon hanged herself after she lost the war with distress, depression and grief that made her life quite difficult and burdensome.
- Tony Scott: Tony Scott, director of extremely successful movies like Top Gun, True Romance and other such hits, committed suicide by leaping off a bridge used in several of his movies after being diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. He was apparently grappling with extreme stress due to the diagnosis of such a chronic disease.
- David Foster Wallace: At the age of 46, novelist and journalist David Foster Wallace hanged himself on Sep 12, 2008. He had been struggling with severe depression for a long period. His condition was first diagnosed when he was an undergraduate and ever since he had taken medication to manage the symptoms.
- Chris Cornell: The Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell was found hanging in a Detroit hotel bathroom. As per the statement issued by the family of Cornell, his death was a suicide and may have been exacerbated by Ativan, which he had been prescribed for anxiety.
- Gia Allemand: Gia Allemand, a model and former suitor on The Bachelor, had hanged herself with a vacuum cleaner cord tied to the handrail of a spiral staircase in her home after having a heated argument with her boyfriend.
Overcome inner demons with proper intervention
As stated by many experts, mental disorders like depression or anxiety do not discriminate anyone, irrespective of one’s gender, community, race, religion or social status. These crippling disorders can affect one’s mental, physical or emotional state, as well as personal and occupational relationships. Since mental health conditions can be appropriately treated through an early diagnosis, it is essential to be aware of the warning signs.
The Texas Mental Health Recovery Helpline can provide you with the required information regarding good mental health and refer you to the best mental health specialists. We can help you choose the right treatment program that best suits your loved one’s needs. Call at our 24/7 helpline number 866-596-4708 in order to be connected to one of the best mental health disorders treatment in Texas. Alternatively, you can chat with a representative if you want to know more about any specific mental health treatment program in Texas.