Who says that a war zone creates a mental impact only on the military personnel? It has devastating effects on all those people who have to flee their own country due to wars. A recent study by the Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, and the University College London (UCL) found that the risk of schizophrenia and other psychoses are three times higher in refugees. The study was published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) in March 2016.
The viability of yoga as a lone treatment or as an alternative coupled with other therapies to treat mental illness is being evaluated by healthcare providers across the United States. The benefits of yoga as an alternative and/or complementary treatment for people with mental disorders cannot be denied. In fact, in the U.S., health service providers have shown a growing interest in yoga to treat people suffering from some mental disorders. Read more
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects nearly 11 percent of the school-age children in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Though not much is known about the reasons for such a high prevalence of ADHD, the fact that a significant number of children have been diagnosed with the condition during the past decade is enough to send the government and healthcare providers in a tizzy.
Mental health disorders can take your life over but it doesn’t have to be that way. Don’t wait to get help. Call today and get your life back!
Call Our 24/7 Mental Health Helpline
Recent Blog Posts
- Researchers deny risk of manic switching due to light therapy in bipolar disorder patients July 6, 2018
- School teachers receive training to decipher trauma symptoms June 12, 2018
- Devising key coping strategies when living with spouse with bipolar disorder May 8, 2018
- Emergence of new neurons responsible for relapse of conditioned response to fear April 20, 2018
- Poor sleep quality may worsen the link between PTSD and chronic pain in youth, finds study April 9, 2018